An anxious heart weighs a woman down, but a kind word cheers her up. Proverbs 12:25

Friday, May 22, 2009

I'm Doing The Happy Dance!



I may have been on a weight loss stand still, but my body is changing for the better! I had an excellent visit with my endonconologist. My labs were practically perfect! Six months ago I was still on diabetic medicine - three months ago I was taken off the med for a trial run. Today I was told that because of my diet/ lifestyle changes I no longer have to take diabetic medication!!! A year ago my cholesterol was 245. Three months ago it was 200. Today... 187!!! And my good cholesterol is raising!

I am just deficient in Calcium and Vitamin D. So I just have to take extra calcium and D.

I have been off of all pain meds, muscle relaxers and sleeping pills for over a year now. Diet, exercise, over the counter pain meds, and herbs are helping me with my pain.

Also, my heart medication is down to half a pill twice a day! The doctor said that more weight loss and they may be gone too!

I still have my chronic illnesses, but they are not as severer as they used to be.

So, I'm not too discouraged that my weight loss is slowing down, because my body has been adjusting to the lifestyle changes.

So I will continue on, the doctor is proud of my progress and weight loss! I am doing the happy dance!!!

Thank you so much for your continued encouragement and prayers.

God bless you.

10 comments:

Saleslady371 said...

I am so proud of you. Weight loss is no easy thing to do. You are an inspiration.

Denise said...

I love you, and I am very happy for you, and proud of you. You go girl.

bp said...

This is good news! Lifestyle changes like this are so encouraging to hear about.

Angela said...

WOW..praise and glory to God girl!! That is SO awesome. God reminded me on this weight release journey, 'you didn't gain it over night, you DON'T want to lose it fast'..bit by bit, off it comes and it will stay off than. No more yo yo dieting to lose fast..Plus with excersise involved,,muscle weights more than fat.Your toning, your making, like you said, life style changes, healthy life style...that will last SO much longer..I'm so proud of you and for fighting this good fight of health faith!!

Sandy Hentzel said...

Doin' the happy dance with ya!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello! :)

Lisa said...

I am doing the happy dance with you, that is excellent news. I have joined a weight loss challenge over at http://fabulousbyfall.blogspot.com check it out there will be support for your last few pounds.

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Congratulations on all of your progress. Praising God for the "Happy Dance." :-)

Anonymous said...

Such a blessing and I'm so happy for you! Keep it is up, making these lifestyle changes so are inspirational to many like me!
Take care,
Martha

LisaShaw said...

I'm proud of you and cheering you on in Jesus Name for it is in Him we live and move and have our being as the Word says.

You are such a blessing!

An anxious heart weighs a woman down, but a kind word cheers her up. Proverbs 12:25