An anxious heart weighs a woman down, but a kind word cheers her up. Proverbs 12:25

Monday, May 18, 2009

Busy Weeks Ahead - But I am Prepared!


Can you believe the month is more than half gone? Soon school will be out for the summer and everyone will take their family vacations and before you know it school will be back in session!


This will be a very busy couple of weeks. This evening my hubby will be announcing each of the 450+ graduates from the high school he teaches. The last day for students is this Thursday, and Friday will be the teacher's final day. Tomorrow, Tuesday we will celebrate our daughter Heather's 33 rd birthday ( a few days early). Yes, I am that old! LOL.. Wednesday Heather will have a medical test done. Thursday and Friday Jim and I will load up our 25 year old motor home travel across country to Pennsylvania to visit my mother and other family members. Please pray for travelling mercies.


We are excited about seeing family, though we are sad that we will not see my step father Chris this side of heaven. We will probably spend a few weeks with my mother and a week with my sister in NC, and then who knows where we will go. We plan on being gone about 8 weeks. We could get homesick and choose to come home early... hummm..... not sure about that one! LOL... I will miss Heather, Travis and Karl too (they will apartment sit for us)! But it will nice for hubby and I to get away by ourselves (along with our two dogs and one cat). Yes, we will travel across country with 3 animals!


I am not sure how much time I will have to visit with everyone since we do not know if we will have Internet connection everywhere we go. I will try to post and keep everyone updated on our whereabouts. Maybe something like "Where in the country is Michele & Jim"! LOL I might even journal about the difficulties or maybe not, of making healthy choices while on the road and visiting family. Pray for me, as I am adamant on sticking with my lifestyle changes. I like that better than DIET! That's what it really is: Lifestyle Change!


Besides making of list of things to pack and take along with us, I been busy with a few other things that I think would be helpful as one prepares to go on vacation.


1) I am looking up restaurant and fast food nutritional healthy choices. We'll see if restaurants are really concerned about America's health! This will help Jim and I as we travel so we know where we can stop and eat if I don't feel like cooking after a long day's trip.


2) I also contacted my Health insurance company requesting an in-network pharmacy that I can use to get my refills. Now I have the name and address of the pharmacy I will use.


3) I also asked the insurance company for an in-network hospital and general physician just in case one of us gets ill. Also the insurance gave us the website to view other doctors etc for other states that would be considered in-network. So now we have a list of hospitals and doctors we can use and only pay our regular co-pay amount. Hopefully we will not need to use this list, but just in case we have it handy.


4) I made an updated list of all medications and over the counter meds and vitamins. I also updated my family history and doctor list. This way I have them handy in my purse in case of emergency.


5) We updated our contact lists and have those as well.


6) We backed up our home computer and will take the "drives" with our laptops. This way we will have all pertinent information handy.


I hope some of the things I listed were helpful. I just thought I would share some things that most people don't think about when they leave on vacation.


If you have some neat ideas or suggestions for regarding preparations and travel please share them with us. I would love to know if I am missing something important!


Blessings !




3 comments:

Denise said...

Sweetie, I love you, and you will be in my prayers.

Unknown said...

Hi Michele,

I just wanted to let you know that I have a blog award for you. So if you can please come by my site to come pick it up.

Blessings and In Him,
Sarah

PS I also wanted to tell you that your site is so cute. I have my kids blog (where I just journalize about their weeks, though I've been really bad with keeping up on it) in bees too! You should check it out. It's at http://mytwobusybees.blogspot.com/

Anyway, don't forget to come by my site to get your award. :D

LisaShaw said...

Praise the Lord! I pray all goes well for you and may His peace walk with you.

An anxious heart weighs a woman down, but a kind word cheers her up. Proverbs 12:25