An anxious heart weighs a woman down, but a kind word cheers her up. Proverbs 12:25

Friday, May 15, 2009

Is It Stess?

It has been a difficult couple of weeks for several reasons. Maybe it's the stress of my step father's death a week ago and I am concerned for my 86 year old mother's well being. Maybe it's because I have less than 10 days to get everything ready to leave for 6 weeks or more to travel back east with hubby and animals to visit mom and family. Maybe it's the financial needs or employment concerns regarding my hubby. Maybe it's also knowing that when we return we will most likely be moving again to a less expensive apartment to help with our financial needs. And maybe it's that my fibromyalgia has been in a flare again. Well... whatever it may be, there is added stress, and with that stress I have been in a weight loss stand still for four weeks. Well I can now say that the scales have moved! But the wrong direction!!! Hummm is it the edema that has built up this past week or is it the extra calories I took in this week? Maybe both! Either way, I will not get discouraged. I will persevere! I know I can do this! I BEElieve I Can!!

Pray for me as I get back on track with my weight loss program.

9 comments:

Denise said...

Hang in there, you will succeed. I love you.

♪♪Melody♪♪ and Puddin said...

I beelieve you can do it!!!!! Remember to not worry about tommorrow, it will take care of itself.(God will see to it)

Unknown said...

Michelle - I will be in prayer for you and trusting God to provide all the peace your heart desires.

You are such a blessing to many and I always love getting a special surprise e-card from you!

You touch my heart!

Blessings and love - Jill
Cheering you on toward the goal!

Elspeth said...

Stay encouraged. Weight loss is one of those endeavors where slow and steady wins the race.

You can do this.

Giovanna said...

Hang in there, you can do it! Remember God doesn't put us through anything that we can't handle. Keep looking to the goal ahead!

Luanne said...

We have all been there...beelieve me! I hoipe this is a better week for you :) You can do this. Just try to stay focused. Have a great week getting back on trsck :)

karly said...

Stress can be a huge factor in gaining weight. But, since stress won't go away, I better start doing what I need to do! It sounds like you know this too!

Be encouraged, and I pray you will stand strong in the Lord through all this transition.

JulieMom said...

I agree with Terry! Slow and steady, choice by choice, will bring results!

God bless!

ginny said...

i hope and pray this week will be better and less stressful. take heart and take comfort from the God who gives peace beyond our understanding.

An anxious heart weighs a woman down, but a kind word cheers her up. Proverbs 12:25