Welcome to my new blog for a healthier me! This website will mostly be used for health related issues, especially concerning my journey to a healthier me. Please be patient, my blog is a work in progress - just like me!
I will share my thoughts and challenges as I focus on changing my eating habits, activity level, and become an all around healthier person, physically, mentally, and spiritually.
Why should I care about being healthy? I Corinthians 6:19-20
“Or don't you know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you much honor God with your body.” (NLT)
What is God's desire for us? 3 John 2, NIV. "I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you."
Below is a list of areas the Lord wants me to diligently work on:
1) To enjoy a healthy life I must have balance in my days and also rest - "Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work." Exodus 20:8-10, NLT
2) Better attitude -“A cheerful heart does good like medicine, but a broken spirit makes one sick." Proverbs 17:22, TLB
3) Trust God completely for everything and better prayer life & quiet time - Philippians 4:6-7, TLB. "Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don't forget to thank Him for his answers. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus."
4) Eat Healthy - Fruits, grains, nuts, and legumes. Genesis 1:29 NIV. "Then God said, 'I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food." Immediately after the flood, when little if any vegetation remained the Lord added - Genesis 9:2-4, TLB. "All wild animals and birds and fish will be afraid of you, God told him; 'for I have placed them in your power, and they are yours to use for food, in addition to grain and vegetables. But never eat animals unless their life-blood has been drained off."
5) Exercise self-control in our dietary habits & exercise so body is fit as His temple -I Corinthians 10:31, “Whatever you eat or drink or whatever you do, you must do all for the glory of God. “
6) Challenge myself to learn something new or go outside of my “comfort zone” – To be open to God’s leading as well. – “... may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy;” Colossians 1:9 - 11
I will share my journey, heart, challenges, discouragement, and encouragement. I pray that you will hold me accountable as well as encourage and pray for me along my journey to a Healthier ME!
God Bless You! To return to my main blog, Beelieve You Can! Michele's Morsels please click here