An anxious heart weighs a woman down, but a kind word cheers her up. Proverbs 12:25

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Weigh-In-Wednesday – I’m Singing the Blues


 
I have been a little “down”; “blah”, “blue”….  I don’t know if it is because the sun has not come out in days, or that I have been stuck in the house for over 10 days straight; either way I have been “singing the blues” this week.  I continue to study God’s Word and pray each day; I take my medications and my vitamins; I’ve maintained the amount of calories I am to eat each day (minus Monday when I went over by 200 calories). Yet I’m still singing the “blues”.  Have you had any days or weeks like that too? 

I can hear the Lord right now, “Michele, you are making progress – be patient, stay strong, don’t lose heart – I am with you always – We are in this together – one step at time – steady on – you are winning the battle of the bulge one day at a time – one pound at a time.”   Again, the Lord reminds me of this week’s memory verse:  “Lord, you have heard the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart.”  Psalm 10:17.  Yes, Lord, you are preparing my heart for this lifelong battle. 

Once again I hear the Lord as He reminds me of today’s Scripture Study:  “Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.”  Hebrews 12:1,2. 

The Lord has been preparing my heart; I am in His boot camp right now as He gives me the tools I need for the life-long battle that is before me.  There is more than physical weight that has been holding me back in the race; day by day my Lord is helping me to lay aside every weight – every sin that so easily besets me.  He is also instructing me with a word He has been teaching me for years – patience!  I am to run this race – fight this battle with patience .  One day at a time – one pound at a time – all the while looking to my precious Lord and Savior – the author and finisher of my faith; the author and finisher of my battle of the bulge. 

Dear gracious Heavenly Father, I thank you for your Word –Sometimes it cuts me like a two edged sword, but I know that you are just trying to teach me – prepare me for this lifelong battle.  I know that as I continue to lose every weight and every sin that besets me, I am closer to the finish line.  I thank you heavenly Father for the 20 lbs I have lost so far.  I know I have to work hard and be patient as I continue my battle.  It won’t be long before I can walk again without great pain and without a wheelchair.  In the meantime, may I remember that You are preparing my heart - my mind – my body for what is ahead of me.  In Jesus precious name, Amen. 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michele, Congratulations on your 20-lb weight loss, that's awesome! I know how you feel, this rain stinks. Definitely have those down days too. I try to find things to put in my day, like some favorite music; or talking to a friend; or just have a good cry, then talk to God and feel better. But the sun will come back out again, and you WILL get the weight off and be walking in the sunshine. Linda from MM <3

pbjenni said...

Hebrews 12:1-2 is so near and dear to my heart. Love this post! xo

Michele Williams said...

Thank you Linda. I listened to music all day today. I felt better, but I do need to get out of the house. Only been out 3 x in 3 weeks...

Michele Williams said...

Thank you pdjenni.

Lynn Severance said...

Michele - thanks for the update.

Your words encourage me today as I am reminded through them to keep trusting - God is in this with me - trust His timing. It is all for other reasons in my life but the SAME God and the same message to keep hopeful and persevering - as best I2011 htypid can.

Bless you!
Lynn

Lynn Severance said...

oops - my cursor was in the wrong place and the code images showed up in my message above. I wondered why they did not go into the box when I first typed them in.

Funny!
Lynn

Denise said...

You are an inspiration, very proud of you. I love you.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post! I'm so proud of your 20 pound weight loss!!! And I know that you have the right focus to see this all the way through!!! Keep Going!!!

Anonymous said...

First of all, what wonderful news on your 20 lb loss thus far! *happy dance* And what a wonderful PRAISE that the Lord is preparing your heart for a journey that is encompassing many things, most importantly, a deeper closeness with Him. That is truly wonderful and encouraging!

An anxious heart weighs a woman down, but a kind word cheers her up. Proverbs 12:25