An anxious heart weighs a woman down, but a kind word cheers her up. Proverbs 12:25

Monday, July 4, 2011

Four Week Weight Loss Update

I cannot believe it has been four weeks since I have started on my quest for a Healthier Me.  The first two weeks I had lost 25 lbs.  The next two weeks I have lost 4 1/2 lbs.  I was a little disappointed this morning when I weighed myself.  My weight loss goal was reach 30 lbs lost.  I know, I know - I must praise the Lord for each pound lost.  Especially since my doctors would be pleased with 2 lbs a month since I am mostly sedentary due to my bad knee. I am to stay off the knee/leg as much as possible and do exercises for the top half of the body.  When the doctors feel I have lost enough  weight I will most likely have knee replacement surgery.

Anyway... my weight loss for 4 weeks is 29 1/2 lbs!  Please continue to pray for me as I continue on my journey of a Healthier Me.  I continue to enjoy being on the Nutrisystem weight loss plan.  I do not feel deprived or hungry.  On Saturday I had mom and Heather and family over for an early 4th of July picnic.  I was able to eat most of the food.  The biggest challenge I thought I would have was not eating mom's chocolate chip cake.  I did very well - while they ate cake I ate Nutrisystem's ice cream sandwich.  I could have had a choice of other great tasting desserts from Nutrisystem but I chose ice cream.  Today, July 4th Jim and I will go over to my cousin David's home for a picnic.  I will take a hot dog for him to grill  and I am bringing a veggie tray and fruit.  We'll have a good time of fellowship together as we continue to plan our family reunion picnic on August 27th. 

As we all celebrate the fourth of July with family picnics and fireworks, may we not forget to take time out of our special day to thank the Lord our God for allowing us to live in the greatest country in the world.  May we never forget that the freedoms that we have came at a cost - the shed blood of those who gave their all...their lives so we can continue to have the freedoms we still have in America.  And may we also be thankful for the One who shed His blood so that we can have eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. 

God Bless America and God Bless You.

No comments:

An anxious heart weighs a woman down, but a kind word cheers her up. Proverbs 12:25