An anxious heart weighs a woman down, but a kind word cheers her up. Proverbs 12:25

Monday, April 12, 2010

In Need of Prayer For A Healthier Me

“Take control of what I say, O Lord, and keep my lips sealed. Don’t let me lust for evil things; don’t let me participate in acts of wickedness. Don’t let me share in the delicacies of those who do evil. Let the godly strike me! It will be a kindness! If they reprove me, it is soothing medicine. Don’t let me refuse it.” Psalm 141:3-5

Ever since we moved to Pennsylvania I have not followed my healthy lifestyle change I made 16 months ago. I have made excuses of not being able to afford fresh healthy food. Though that is true in part, I realize that this is mostly an excuse. I head to the refrig, or cupboard when I am bored, depressed, and not hungry. I have not always made healthy choices.

Here is my new cry out to God rephrasing the above scripture.

“Take control of what I eat, O Lord, and keep my lips sealed. Don’t’ let me lust for food or earthly desires; don’t let me participate in gluttonous acts. Don’t let me share in the delicacies of those who try to woo me to participate in unhealthy lifestyles. Let those who are godly give me wise counsel and may I not get offended when they reprove me and hold me accountable; for it is soothing and healthy medicine for my body, soul and spirit.“ Paraphrased Psalm 141:3-5


I realize that these changes will not happen overnight. I must allow God to change me from the inside out. My doctors say I have a lot against me, but even they say it is not impossible to be a healthier me. They tell me not to look at the BIG picture, 200 lbs to lose… but to look at it as eating and living healthier. In so doing I will feel better both emotionally and physically. I know it is possible because I did it the first 7 months of 2009. I felt better back then. Since I have been here I have slowly been going back to my “old” eating habits. In return I am in more pain, gained 25 lbs of the 55 lbs I had lost, and I am so weary all the time my strength is spent on just existing!

So here I am today, asking for prayer warriors and accountability partners for myself. When I look at the big picture it seems impossible, but I know that NOTHING is impossible with God!! Praise the Lord. If you are willing to be one or both of these requests today, please let me know. When you contact me, please state if I can email you, instant chat, or even phone you when I am in need of prayer and encouragement. Follow this blog if you wish as well.

I know that I am not alone in this battle, but sometimes I feel I am. God bless you all for your encouragement and prayers.

17 comments:

Melanie said...

Michelle, I will certainly walk alongside you and pray for you! Please feel free to email me at anytime!

Anonymous said...

I will begin today to daily lift you up specifically for losing weight. It is good to know how to pray specifically for you both. Love ya, Fred

Denise said...

Sis, I love you. I will gladly pray with you, and for you. I will also be happy to be your accountability partner. Email me anytime, or call me. My number is (423-598-1468) Please take care, you can, and will succeed.

ozjane said...

I will try to remember to pray for you while I am doing my gym time.....good time to pray.
My personal trainer said 2lts of water per day and lots of green vegetables.....also read the label and avoid trans fats.
I tried the green soup tonight....have found out that sweet potato is much better for you than white potato so could add that which is good.

Unknown said...

G'morn ~ I am so sorry you were not aware of our gathering for luncheon/tea in Maryland. Sherry & I posted multitudes of writes inviting our ladies to join us. They came in from Lancaster Co, PA, DE, NY, VA, etc. We would have LOVED to have you join us. Pop over to my blog (blushingrosetoo.blogspot.com)to read the beginning of Sherry's (countrywingsinphoenix.blog) trip.

We went to Adamstown, Lancaster, Strasburg & innumerable towns surrounding the area.

I hope you will join us in our journey of 'sisterhood' together.

If you send me your email I'll put you on the list for any future gatherings.

Have a beautiful day ...
TTFN ~ Marydon

Linda said...

Glad to find your blog and will be praying for you. Pleas edrop by my blogs or e-mail me.
Blessings

Bob West said...

I hope you enjoy my blog as much as I have yours.
Very insightful! I am now a follower.
God Bless, Bob West
http://westbob.blogspot.com/2010/05/god-vs-science.html

Christian said...

I'll pray for you... thanks for droppin by at my site... Add me please..just followed you.. God bless you.

Christian said...

I'll pray for you... thanks for droppin by at my site.. add me please... just follwed you.. God bless you.

bornagain77 said...

Though off topic, This insight into the resurrection of Jesus Christ may interest you:

The Center Of The Universe Is Life - General Relativity, Quantum Mechanics and The Shroud Of Turin - video http://www.metacafe.com/watch/3993426/

The End Of Christianity - Finding a Good God in an Evil World - Pg.31 -
William Dembski
Excerpt: "In mathematics there are two ways to go to infinity. One is to grow large without measure. The other is to form a fraction in which the denominator goes to zero. The Cross is a path of humility in which the infinite God becomes finite and then contracts to zero, only to resurrect and thereby unite a finite humanity within a newfound infinity."
http://www.designinference.com/documents/2009.05.end_of_xty.pdf

Philippians 2: 5-11
Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

"Miracles do not happen in contradiction to nature, but only in contradiction to that which is known to us of nature."
St. Augustine

Intelligent Design - The Anthropic Hypothesis
http://lettherebelight-77.blogspot.com/2009/10/intelligent-design-anthropic-hypothesis_19.html

Jennifer Taylor said...

I gave in to some Chick-Fil-A fries yesterday. I'd like to lose a few pounds before the next writers conference, but my willpower has deserted me.

Charlotte said...

Hi Michele,
I realize this is an old post. I hope you are well on your way to a new you by now. I know how hard it is. Lifetime eating habits are so hard to overcome.
I hope you are liking living in PA. I'm glad fall is getting close because it is so much more desirable than the extreme heat.
Hey, did Pennsylvania take away your blogging desire? Maybe you'd better come back to AZ. LOL
Love you and will be praying for you.
Charlotte

Toyin O. said...

I will praying for you Michelle; you can do all things thru Christ who gives you the strenght. You can e-mail me for paryer anytime. God bless!

P.S. Thanks for your insightful and encouraging comment at my blog!

Lisa said...

I am praying for you! I am in the middle of dieting, too. Bread and sweets are my downfall so the low carb plan is best for me. Bread is my enemy! LOL! Email me any time!

Silver said...

Had been such a pleasure visiting your blog. Just wanted to drop you a note to say 'Hi!

Smiles,
Silver
Reflections

Beth in NC said...

I can relate my friend. I have used the busyness of the past two months to eat horribly (and no exercise). Now I must get back on track too.

I do pray that God will give us the wisdom and strength to make wise choices.

Love & hugs!
Beth

Lauren {whimsy lane} said...

Cute blog Michele! We need to get Heather on here more often! I'm embarking on a healthier me come January 1st! Let's hope it sticks this time! :)

An anxious heart weighs a woman down, but a kind word cheers her up. Proverbs 12:25